This challenge was hosted on My Vampire Book Obsession and written by the wonderful Dee.
Duration: May 1st to May 31st
How It Works
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. So pick which level you want to do and that's how many items you will need to check off.
Transitional - 2 books
Fledgling - 4 books
Vampire - 6 books
Master - 8 books
Vampire King or Queen - 10 book
1. May Day, the first of May is celebrated around the world. It has a number of meanings. In many other countries it is a celebration of spring and the coming of summer. It is celebrated with many spring flowers, many of them blooming right in your own backyard. To communist and socialist countries, it is a celebration for the workers.
Read a book that takes place in spring or with a flower/s on the cover.
2. On May 5, 1862, the Mexican army defeated the French army at the Battle of Puebla. This single military battle signified defeat of a European colonial power, and a victory for the Mexican people. This single battle was the roots of Cinco de Mayo.
Today, this holiday is celebrated by Mexicans, and especially the Hispanic community in the U.S. It is a time of song, dance, partying, and in general a time to be proud to be of Hispanic descent.
Read a book with a celebration or a book set in Mexico.
3. International No Diet Day encourages us to appreciate the bodies we have. You could consider it a "Big" backlash against becoming little (err thin) people. This day is intended for us to appreciate the body we have. It encourages us to recognize that people come in all shapes and sizes....... and that's okay.
Read a book with more than one paranormal species or a book with a (skinny) chick on the cover.
4. It's time to get out your sandals and flip flops. For today is No Socks Day. Go ahead..... free your toes of the confines of socks and stockings. Give those toes of yours a breath of fresh air. The creators of this day also profess that No Socks Day will reduce your laundry load, and therefore, is healthy for the environment.
Read a book with a vampire that does not sleep in a coffin or with a hot guy on the cover.
5. Clean Up Your Room Day is a day parents eagerly await........... and kids dread!
If you've got kids, it is very possible that their rooms are a vast wasteland, completely filled with "good stuff". "Messy" is too kind of an adjective to describe the conditions. Its impossible to walk through the room. Every dresser and shelf (and under the bed), is packed with everything imaginable. Dust has been piling up as long as your child has been around. Comfy, cozy, and quite livable to the child, its an everyday source of frustration for the "folks".
Read a book that has been on your TBR pile for a couple months.
6. Twilight Zone Day is mysterious, weird, surreal and perhaps a little scary. We can think of many other adjectives, but I think you get the picture. Every once in a while, you have a day like this. And, today is designed to be that day.
Read a book that you think is a little scary or a book with a dark cover.
7. No Dirty Dishes Day is a reprieve from the daily pile of dishes to wash and dry. Day after day, we do the daily chore of washing and drying dishes, then put them away in various cabinets and drawers. We perform this task after each and every meal, and often after snacks. Even putting them in and out of the dishwasher and running it, can be a chore.
You deserve a break from this routine. And, today is that day. The objective of this day is to have no dirty dishes. It is not intended to pile them up until tomorrow.
I would like to say....don't buy a book today, but we all know, I would fail. Read a book in which someone has to do a task or a book with a white cover.
8. This is a great day! It's World Goth Day.
As it should be, everyone who is into the Goth sub-culture, now has a day to celebrate who they are. Go out and embrace your inner and your outer Goth today.
Read a book with a vampire or a Steampunk book.
9. It's National Tap Dance Day. Today is a great day to dance the night away.... and the daytime, too!
This day was created in honor of the birthday of legendary tap dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson on May 25, 1878.
I think I'll wear my tap shoes today! Read a book that you think is fun or a book with a fun cover.
10. Today is Pack Rat Day. C'mon, admit it... .. you're a Pack Rat like the rest of us. If you are a Pack Rat, you're in good company. You might as well come out of hiding behind those piles of valuable "stuff", and celebrate this fun day.
Its really easy to let things pile up. After all, each item you acquire along the road of life may have value or serve some meaningful purpose. 'Ya just never know. Making the decision to discard something of even remotely questionable value, is difficult, if not impossible to do. We understand you perfectly. Why? Because most of us are pack rats.
Read a book with a pack or a book with an animal on the cover.
How pretty is the heart for this challenge???? Love it!
Here are my selections, books and read dates.
01. Read a book that takes place in spring or with a flower/s on the cover. Bossypants 26/5/17
02. Read a book with a celebration. Unmasqued 1/5/17
03. Read a book with more than one paranormal species or a book with a (skinny) chick on the cover. Drink Deep 17/5/17
04. Read a book with a vampire that does not sleep in a coffin. Hard Bitten 11/5/17
05. Read a book that has been on your TBR pile for a couple months. Master of Seduction 4/5/17
06. Read a book with a dark cover. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children 15/5/17
07. Read a book in which someone has to do a task or a book with a white cover. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 10/5/17
08. Read a book with a vampire or a Steampunk book. The Greyfriar 22/5/17
09. Read a book that you think is fun. Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency 9/5/17
10. Read a book with a pack or a book with an animal on the cover. The Handmaid’s Tale 26/5/17 I’m counting the bird as an animal