Title: The Vagina Book
Author: Thinx, Jenn Conti, Margaret Cho, Daiana Ruiz (Illustrations)
Genre & Tags: Nonfiction, Health, Feminism, Menstruation, Biology
Release Date: Aug 18th 2020
Synopsis: The Vagina Book is an essential guide packed with invaluable information about sexual health that everyone should know, but might be too afraid to ask.
With sections on anatomy, periods, hormones, sex, contraception, fertility, hair care, and so much more, this fun-to-read guide helps readers make healthy decisions for their bodies.
Compelling personal essays from a diverse group of luminary figures—including Margaret Cho, Roxane Gay, and Blair Imani—are sprinkled throughout, enriching the pages with beauty, strength, and honesty.
• From OB/GYN Dr. Jennifer Conti and the team behind the beloved Thinx period products
• Dispenses with taboos and misinformation about the female body
• Provides the latest health research in easy-to-digest entries
Advice includes yoga poses to help with PMS and cramping, a cheat sheet for making sense of contraception options, why you should care about your pelvic floor (plus easy strengthening exercises!), and the illustrated history of feminine hygiene products, from ancient Egypt through for every modern woman.
• A must-have handbook for anyone with a vagina
• Presented in a luxe, cushioned case filled with more than a hundred vibrant illustrations
• Perfect woman-to-woman gift for anyone who is passionate about sexual health, feminism, and learning more about their body, as well as readers of Refinery29 and GOOP
• Add it to the shelf with books like Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski PhD;, WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source by Alisa Vitti; and Pussy: A Reclamation by Regena Thomashaue.
Get The Book
My Rating: ★★★★★
My Review: Brilliant!! I am consistently surprised by what I don’t know about my down there! Every time I read a book about it I learn something new. I love this one not only for what it thought me but for the approachable language used, inclusivity and its acceptant attitude towards every little wonderful and cringey thing that happens down there. A must read for everyone with or without a vulva.
Get the book: Amazon | Kobo | Book Depository| Scribd Trial | Kindle Unlimited Trial | Audible Trial
Where to Find Me
Read a Preview of this book
Sign up to the mailing list for free journaling templates
Links provided are affiliate links. If you make a purchase from these links I will earn a moderate commission. This post contains advertisements. None of this influences my review.