1. Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I started because I had no one to discuss books with in real life. It turned out that a particular group on Goodreads was a much better place to chat about books with people but I kept up blogging anyway. I found I really enjoyed having another avenue for creative expression. So, it’s not just about books for me anymore.
2. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
I quite like writing wrap-ups and monthly favourites. I like looking back on all the positives of the month and having the opportunity to share them.
3. What are your top three favourite blog posts?
4. What are some of your favourite things to do to relax?
I would say reading but it doesn’t really relax me. When I read I get completely sucked into the book and endure many many emotions, so yeah…. not so relaxing. I also tend to read a book with an rapacious intensity which also isn’t very relaxing. Instead, I like to watch TV to unwind. TV allows me to shut down my mind and just enjoy the pretty colours.
5. What are three of your favourite things?
- the tea cup from my grandmother
- the dried roses from my wedding bouquet
- my Troy and Abed mug
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
I was so proud of my little blog when I reached 1000 subscribers. It felt amazing to know that so many people were interested in what I was doing. I was even prouder when my blog started to have a minimum of 100 visitors every day. That just blows my mind!! They may be small numbers to some but I remember when 100 visitors a month seemed like a totally unachievable goal.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Junk journaling. I freaking love it! So much so in fact that I recently opened an Etsy store selling digital templates and graphics for journaling.
8. Describe your personality in three words.
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
- complaining about something when you have no intention of changing it
- used tissues left anywhere but in the bin
- one letter replies to text messages
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I spent my entire life believing that red heads didn’t get grey hairs and was heartbroken when I discovered (thanks to the grey hairs on my head) that it wasn’t true. I’d been told it so many times!! I’ve also been told that red hair is going extinct which makes no sense…
Thank you for joining me today! If you would like to do this tag please consider yourself tagged 🙂
Where to Find Me