I discovered this tag on Howling Libraries.
1. CRUNCHING LEAVES: the world is full of colour! Choose a book with red/orange/yellow on the cover.
Dracula by Bram Stoker Barnes and Noble Edition. It’s amazing how few books I have with those colours on the cover! Everything seems to be a shade of blue… Anyhoo, this edition of Dracula is a favourite of mine. The font on the cover and the black edging on the pages are simply stunning and suit the story so well.
2. COZY SWEATER: it’s finally cool enough for warm cozy clothing! What book gives you the warm fuzzies?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I love how Darcy and Lizzie battle it out and come together in the end. It’s the OG enemies to lovers billionaire romance!
3. FALL STORM: the wind is howling & the rain is pounding. Choose a book that you like to read on a stormy day:
Jane Steele by Lynsay Faye. This wonderfully dark story is inspired by Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre. It isn’t really a retelling but the book exists in the novel and our leading lady Jane Steele notices some similarities between her and Bronte’s heroine. Ms Steele makes some very different life choices to Ms Eyre though, involving murderous revenge and generally questionable morals. It’s a great read!
4. COOL CRISP AIR: makes you breathe freely~ Who’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?
Dead Witch Walking by Ki Harrison. Ok, if you’ve read this series you know Ivy is meant to be coolest of the cool characters but I would rather trade places with Rachel. She’s a powerful witch for Hecate’s sake! Who wouldn’t want to be a kickass powerful witch?! I quite like Rachel’s fashion sense and penchant for fancy coffee too.
5. HOT APPLE CIDER: warm autumn drink. What underhyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?
Firefrost by Camille Longley. This book was released recently and is really a prequel to the main series coming out soon but I really see the potential for this to become as popular as A Court of Thorns and Roses. It might be a bit too early to consider it underhyped but not enough people know about it yet anyway!! You can check out my review of the book here.
6. COAT, SCARVES, & MITTENS: the weather has turned cold & it’s time to cover up! What’s a book cover you don’t like?
White Hot by Ilona Andrews. This series sadly suffers from bad cover syndrome which is a real pity cause the books are fantastic! The most recent releases have better covers but the first three are so ick.
7. PUMPKIN SPICE: time for some Starbucks! What’s your favorite fall comfort food?
Pumpkin flavoured foods aren’t really a thing here in Ireland. Starbucks does sell ye olde pumpkin spiced latte but it’s not as big of a deal here. Personally I think that drink is an overly sweet cup of yuck but that’s just me…
It’s tradition here in October to have barmbrack which is a soft sweet bread with sultanas and raisins. It’s delicious with Kerrygold butter and cup of steaming hot tea (I got super Irish there for a second….). A ring is hidden in the centre of the bread and whoever finds it has good luck. I used to get very excited by this when I was young lol.
8. WARM, COZY BONFIRE: spread the cozy warmth! Who do you tag?
I tag you!! Please feel free to do this tag too on your blog or you can post your answers in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!!
Where to Find Me