This year the readathon runs from July 30th to August 5th and the seven challenges are…
- Let a coin toss decide your first read
- Read a book about something you want to do
- Read and watch a book to movie adaptation
- Read a book with green on the cover
- Read a book while wearing the same hat the whole time
- Read a book with a beautiful spine
- Read 7 books
You do not have to do all of the challenges and you can combine them as well if you want. So the book with green on it could also have a beautiful spine and so on.
There are video challenges and Instagram challenges as well but I probably won’t be doing those.
In no particular order
- The Second Sex by Simone De Beauvoir
- The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
- The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
- Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton
Definitely subject to change cause I’m a mood reader but these are the books I would like to read. I’m not sure about The Second Sex because it’s under 100 pages and it’s really extracts from the actual book so it may not count…. I’ll probably end up listening to a 3rd Anita Blake audiobook anyway so that’ll make up the count.
Are you taking part in the readathon? What are you planning to read this month?